Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Too much Fun in the Sun means a Change in Foundation

Hello, all, I am back from holiday. I just got back from the Caribbean, and I got enough sun for a change in foundation color.

I am usually the second lightest yellow-based foundation color in any given range, but I spent a lot of time on the beach so I am darker by at least one shade. While I am admittedly a high-end cosmetics whore, I decided to slum for my new foundation, since I am unsure how long my tan will stay with me. I went to my local drugstore and attempted the *extremely* difficult task of matching my skintone without being able to properly test the foundation. I ended up buying two foundations - Almay Clear Complexion Makeup and Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup has been a surprising hit for me. Not only was I able to nail the right color, but it delivers a smooth, matte finish and wears well through the day. I was a little worried it might be too dry or actually drying, but I haven't had any problems.

Unfortunately, the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is a shade or two too dark, so I can't report anything other than it was very difficult to select the right shade.

No comments: