Saturday, August 2, 2008

Flowerbomb Purchase

I was torn between buying Flowerbomb or Delices de Cartier for myself as a birthday gift. I ended up going with Flowerbomb. I got the smallest bottle, along with with the Nordstrom-exclusive Flowerbomb hair mist. I ended up getting a GWP of a blinged-out purse-sized perfume bottle.

Let me just say upfront that I really think that I made the right choice. Victor & Rolf have really made a lush, beautiful fragrance. I did not realize that the bottle was shaped like a grenade (duh! how the heck could I NOT notice?!?), until I read this review. That review compares Flowerbomb to Angel, but Angel has a fruity note that smells rather rotten to me. In fact, a few years ago, I went to a fragrance event where the speaker was from Thierry Mugler, and she broke down the notes in Angel one-by-one. It is most definitely the fruity note that I find so offputting.

At any rate, Flowerbomb does not evoke florals to me. Instead, it is a smoldering, somewhat sweet, warm vanilla/patchouli. Looove it!

Here's a link to a page containing the base notes, perfumer, and bottle designer, if you are interested.

No comments: