Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Top Ten Products of 2007

I saw that many of my favorite beauty bloggers were posting a listing of their favorite things for the past year, and I thought I would weigh in with my favorites as well.

My top ten beauty products from 2007 include the following items:

1. Alima Summer Intensities eyeshadow gift set - I actually really liked the Spring Flower Box eyeshadow set as well, and I had a hard time choosing which one to list. The Alima gift sets are nicely priced ($24 for the four full-sized shadows), and they are a great way to try Alima's well-mixed natural mineral eyeshadows. This set is wearable, but fun.

2. Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick - I am a shimmer brick fan. I was very excited to get this one, and it makes a wonderful highlighter.

3. Chanel Rouge Allure in Evanescent - This is simply a great peachy-nude in the nice Rouge Allure formula.

4. Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara - I think Cover Girl delivered a great, layerable mascara in the Orange Beast. I just can't decide if I like Lash Exact more. . .hmm. . .

5. MAC Thrills lipstick - This rosy-copper frost is unique and fun, but suits warm tones best.

6. Mally Beauty City Chick Smokey Eye Kit in Canal Street Khaki - I love Mally's smokey eye kits (though the eyeshadow base is not my favorite), and I was pleasantly surprised to get this palette when I had ordered an Auto-Delivery option on a QVC Today's Special Value (TSV). It includes the aforementioned not-so-fab base and three coordinated definitely-fab eyeshadows in khaki-green shades.

7. Stila Mandarin Mist Warm trio - This baked eyeshadow trio is a great go-to reliable shimmery set for me.

8. Stila Moss Agate palette - Stila made another winner with this green eyeshadow set that comes with a coordinating blush. The little velvet case is cute, too.

9. Tarte Blissful cheek stain - I *live* for new Tarte cheek stains colors. This one was not a disappointment. It's a warm peachy-pink that anyone who likes Tipsy or Tickled will also enjoy.


10. Tarte We Wish You Wealth palette - I just had to put this on the list, because it is one heck of a bargain. The only downside is that the palette is a little unwieldy, but Tarte has managed to fit a lot of stuff into the space. For $52, you get the following 16 eyeshadows, 16 lipglosses, 4 gel eyeliners, 4 cheek stains, 3 lip sheers, eyelid primer, luminizer, and two mini makeup brushes.

No comments: